Five Year Plan
- We seek to ensure that our fundamental purpose, conserving St Albans built heritage, is achieved; that new buildings will enhance rather than detract from the cityscape; and protect the important green belt surrounding the city which help give it its character
- We would like developers to come to us for our expertise in developments within the built environment. We aspire to be respected and, more importantly, listened to.
- We will seek to rebalance the age profile of our membership and also attract more businesses by increasing our public profile and developing programmes which appeal to a wider audience.
- We will engage more of our members as active volunteers. Our members will be better informed about the Society through regular consultation.
- We will work with more partners to share expertise and achieve more effective outcomes together.
- We will bring our systems into the 21st century so that we can increase access to information for our members and the public.
Our strategic aim is to have implemented the following
- Assist with developing and operating a Conservation Area Advisory Committee
- A functioning and effective blue plaques programme
- Improve our relationship with the council and developers by measuring outcomes e.g. CCOS (Civic Centre Opportunity Site)
- Support measures to improve and enhance the public realm
- Given more attention to environmental issues which were identified as priority at our members meeting
- Have increased our membership and increased the diversity by being perceived as being committed to enhancing the built and green environment of the whole of St Albans.
- Have an effective succession plan in operation for our Committee
Action plan for 2019-20
We welcome feedback on the Plan and will be holding a meeting in the Autumn to discuss this in more detail. In the meantime please email us with any comments through the contact us page.